Zoom H1n 2-Input / 2-Track Portable Handy Recorder with Onboard X/Y Microphone (Gray)
- Speech, Sound Effects & Music Recording
- Onboard Stereo Mic, Built-In Speaker
- 3.5mm Mic/Line Input with Plug-In Power
- Simple Layout of Common Controls
What’s New on the H1n
- Operability is simplified via one-touch buttons, a dedicated gain dial, and an improved display.
- A built-in limiter protects against distortion caused by overloads.
- Auto-record, pre-record, and self-timer functions enhance your workflow and prevent cutting off the start of recordings.
- Unlimited overdubbing allows layering new performances on an existing recording.
- Playback speed is adjustable for transcribing, studying, and learning pieces of music or quickly scanning through long takes.
- An integrated tone generator makes it easy to calibrate your H1n and camera audio levels.
- Two AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, or lithium) can power the H1n, whereas the H1 utilized one alkaline or NiMH AA battery.
- Additional protection around the microphones inhibits extraneous noises caused by physical contact with the capsules.
Simple Layout of Common Controls
The H1n’s front panel is arranged to ensure simple, straightforward access to its most commonly used controls—transport buttons for record, play/pause, stop, back, and forward operations, one-touch buttons for the low-cut filter, limiter, and auto-level functions, and a large gain knob (clearly labeled from 0 to 10). Of course, the selectable Auto Level mode makes setup even faster by automatically adjusting the input level according to the input signal.
For added safety, the power switch offers a hold position that disables all front-panel buttons to prevent accidental operation during recording. Day or night, view vital information such as audio levels, recording time, battery status, and more on the 1.25″ monochrome backlit LCD.
Onboard Stereo Microphone
3.5mm Microphone/Line Input with Plug-In Power
Overdub Unlimited Layers
microSD Card Recording and Audio Interface Functionality
Maximize portability by recording directly to a separately available microSD/microSDHC card (up to 32GB capacity). A 4GB card will yield approximately over six hours of 16-bit / 44.1 kHz stereo recording time using the BWF-compliant WAV format for uncompressed audio quality and industry-standard file compatibility.
Alternatively, use the H1n as a 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface at up to 16-bit / 48 kHz. The USB port also enables the H1n to be used as a card reader for fast file transfers.
3.5mm Output for Hookup to a Camera or Headphones
Powered via AAA Batteries or AC Adapter
Rugged and Portable, Handheld or Mounted
Signal Processing Adds Sonic Polish
Special Recording Functions
Tone Generator for Calibrating Levels
Includes Audio Software
|Number of Tracks||2|
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution||96 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Microphone||Built-In Cardioid Condenser Stereo Pair, X/Y Configuration|
|Built-In Speaker||Yes, 500 mW Mono|
|Display||1.25″ / 3.17 cm Monochrome LCD (Backlit)|
|Memory Card Support||microSD, microSDHC (Up to 32 GB)|
|Audio File Formats||BWF, MP3, WAV|
44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
|Bit Depth||24-Bit (AD/DA Conversion)
32-Bit (Internal DSP)
|Bit Rates||48 to 320 kb/s|
|Signal Processing||Auto Gain, Limiter, Low-Cut Filter|
|Recording Time||WAV 44.1 kHz/16-Bit:
1 Hr 34 Mins per GB (Stereo)
WAV 48 kHz/24-Bit:
57.5 Mins per GB (Stereo)
WAV 96 kHz/24-Bit:
28.5 Mins per GB (Stereo)
MP3 128 kb/s:
17 Hrs 21.5 Mins per GB (Stereo)
MP3 256 kb/s:
8 Hrs 40.5 Mins per GB (Stereo)
MP3 320 kb/s:
6 Hrs 56.5 Mins per GB (Stereo)
|Analog I/O||1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Line/Mic Input
1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone/Line Output
|Plug-In Power||Yes, 2.5 V|
|Host Connection||1 x Micro-USB (USB 2.0)|
|Gain Range||X/Y Mic Capsule:
Up to +39 dB
Up to +39 dB
|Headphone Output Power||20 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms|
|Microphone Max SPL||120 dB SPL|
|Battery Type||2 x AAA (Included)|
|Approximate Battery Life||WAV 44.1 kHz/16-Bit:
10 Hours (Alkaline, 2 Channels)
|AC/DC Power Adapter||5 VDC at 1 A (Not Included)|
|Mounting Options||1/4″-20 Female|
|Dimensions||2 x 1.3 x 5.4″ / 50 x 32 x 137.5 mm|